Dov Charney provided a statement to Yahoo Finance on Wednesday saying he was offered “a lucrative multi-million dollar compensation package” to remain with American Apparel, the news outlet reported.
The recently fired former chief executive of the downtown Los Angeles clothing company said he did not accept the offer because of the board’s refusal to immediately provide the company’s new chief executive, apparel industry veteran Paula Schneider, with a board seat, according to Yahoo.
In the statement, Charney also professed his innocence to allegations of sexual misconduct.
“With respect to allegations of sexual harassment that have been made against me over the years, they are baseless and no one has ever prevailed in these types of claims,” the statement reads.
Charney’s publicist, Keith Estabrook, said he was not aware that such a statement had been made and could not confirm whether or not it was actually from Charney. American Apparel spokesman Terry Fahn declined to comment.
Shares of American Apparel rose 31 cents, or 45 percent, on Thursday to close at $1 – the first time the company’s shares have closed at a buck or higher since Sept. 4.
You May Also Like
- Inside Charney’s Ouster
- American Apparel Stock Rises on Charney Ouster
- Ousted Fashion CEO Tries on Another Lawsuit
- Former American Apparel Employee Sues
- Dov Charney Fired -- Again
- Dov Charney Threatens to Sue to Get Top Job Back
- American Apparel Hires Advisory Firm
- Dov Charney Takes on Former Counsel in New Litigation