The Police Commission appointed Charlie Beck to a second five-year term to lead the Los Angeles Police Department. Challenges for his second term include how the department will respond to recently reported inaccuracies of official crime stats and frustration among officers over discipline and pay matters, according to the Los Angeles Times.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LAPD Monitor to Investigate Crime Stats
- LA 500: Charlie Beck
- L.A. May Ask Banks to Revise Rate Swaps
- Chief Issue for Los Angeles
- Garcetti Drops F-bomb at Kings Celebration
- Sanitation Workers Receive Written Reprimands for Protest
- L.A. Reaches Labor Agreement With Police
- Local and State Leaders Frustrated That Port Negotiations Held Up by Fate of One Arbitrator