Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced his nominees to the Planning Commission Monday, a list that included a Walt Disney Co. executive and several local attorneys.
If confirmed by the City Council, the nine appointees to the citywide planning commission will have approval power over major development projects in the city.
Among the business appointees are:
• David Ambroz, an attorney and director of corporate citizenship and social responsibility at Walt Disney Co./ABC Television Group;
• Caroline Choe, chief executive of NewBridge Investments and vice chairwoman of Saehan Bank;
• Maria Cabildo, president of East Los Angeles Community Corp., an affordable housing and community development company; and
• Renee Dake Wilson, founder and principal of Dake Wilson Architects.
Garcetti also nominated veteran transportation consultant and former state legislator Richard Katz and former police commissioner and former Los Angeles Urban League President John Mack to the commission.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Garcetti Replaces Most of Airport Commission
- L.A. Mayor Garcetti Names McClain-Hill to DWP Commission
- Garcetti Appoints Harbor Commission
- Villaraigosa Names New Airport Commissioners
- Garcetti Appointees Sue DWP Union Chief
- Villaraigosa Clears Out Harbor Commission
- Jamison’s Jaime Lee Named to L.A. Harbor Commissioner Board
- Local Companies to Hire 10,000 L.A. Youths