The Gores Group on Monday said it has acquired GE Healthcare Strategic Sourcing from GE Healthcare.
GE Healthcare Strategic Sourcing in Wilbraham, Mass., provides electronic billing and medical records services to hospitals and other health care firms.
Gores Group, a Westwood investment firm lead by billionaire financier Alec Gores, did not disclose terms of the deal. The new portfolio company now will operate under the name Meridian Medical Management.
Meridian “occupies a unique position in the market, with the ability to provide top-tier electronic medical record and outsourced revenue cycle management to very large multispecialty physician groups,” said Rob Gontare, the company’s new chief executive.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Regional Report
- Gores Group to Buy Johnson & Johnson Unit
- GE Unit Buys L.A.’s Camden Group
- Soon-Shiong’s NantHealth Buys Technology Firm
- Gores Group Completes Therakos Acquisition
- Healthcare Roundtable 2017: The Experts Discuss the Current Healthcare Landscape
- Soon-Shiong’s NantHealth Sells 10 Percent Stake for $200 Million
- Health Care Finance Firm Key Health Medical Solutions Is Acquired