At a Monday night debate, the five leading candidates for L.A. mayor promised to eliminate the gross receipts tax, streamline the permitting process and focus on creating green jobs, but they withheld full support on other business issues, such as LAX improvement and opposition to living wage laws, the Los Angeles Business Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- L.A. Mayoral Candidates Mixed on Commitment to Business
- News of the Week
- Council Votes to Extend Lower Tax Rate for Internet Businesses
- Mayor Garcetti to Consider Replacing Gross Receipts
- Stimulating Discussion
- See You in 15 Years?
- Garcetti Hails Green, Tech Jobs
- City of L.A. Considers Syncing Up Tax Deadlines