An internal analysis conducted by Johnson & Johnson in 2011 not long after it recalled a troubled hip implant estimated that the all-metal device would fail within five years in nearly 40 percent of patients who received it, according to court records in a trial expected to begin Friday in California Superior Court in Los Angeles, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Law School Applications Fall as Costs Rise, Jobs Vanish
- Super Bowl Ads Make Online Debuts
- Who Do Online Advertisers Think You Are?
- A Bracelet Meant to Build Loyalty at Disney Parks
- Microsoft May Back Dell Buyout
- Drug Makers Join Fight Against Doping
- Google Makes a Play for Your Home
- As Web Grows, It Grows Less Secure