Brentwood Associates on Wednesday said that it sold Pacific Island Restaurants Inc., a large Pizza Hut and Taco Bell franchisee in the Pacific Rim, to the Century City private investment arm of Nazarian Enterprises.
Brentwood Associates, a West L.A. private equity investment firm that targets middle market consumer-focused and direct-marketing companies, did not disclose financial terms of the deal with Nimes Capital LLC. Nimes is headed by David Nazarian, part of the prominent Los Angeles family that was an early investor in Qualcomm Inc.
Pacific Island Restaurants is based in Honolulu and is the sole franchisee of Yum! Brand Inc.’s Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in Hawaii, Guam and Saipan. It has 80 locations and 2,000 employees.
The sale is Brentwood Associates’ fourth exit in the past 12 months.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Equity Firm Had Its Fill of Restaurant Franchisee
- Nimes Capital to Buy Togo’s
- Private Equity Firm Takes Bite of Taco Bell
- Brothers Added To Menu
- Taco Bell, Pizza Hut Scrapping Artificial Ingredients
- New Companies Lean on Older Funds for Money
- The Money Book: William Barnum
- Canadian Wealth Manager Pursues Heat in L.A.