Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who presided over a team that won 10 NBA titles and showcased some of the biggest names in professional basketball, died Monday. He was 80. ESPN and the Los Angeles Times report that Buss has been hospitalized for cancer, but the immediate cause of death was kidney failure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- A Memorial Service Perfectly Suited to Jerry Buss
- Sterling Banned But Not Gone Yet
- Kobe Bryant Making Business Moves
- JEANIE BUSS
- World Peace Joins Palisades High Coaching Staff
- Kobe Bryant to Retire
- Kobe Bryant Signs Off With 60 Points in Lakers Win
- Magic Johnson Named Lakers’ President of Basketball Operations