Billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer says he will launch a campaign next year urging California lawmakers to approve taxes on companies that extract oil in the state, the Associated Press reports. Oil companies have successfully blocked such fees in the past.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Steyer’s Millions on Environmental Candidates got Little Payoff
- Oil Drillers Look To Plug Tax Talk
- Tom Steyer’s Bank to Acquire L.A.’s Pan American
- Bag Company Command Packaging Got Early Jump on Recycled Plastic
- California May Drill Into Oxy Expansion
- Election Results Favorable to L.A. Business Interests
- Florez Pays Fine, Closes Campaign Committee
- Early Dismissal?