Vivendi SA's Universal Music Group said Monday it had signed a multiyear deal with rapper Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter to house his music label Roc Nation, snagging the coveted rights to release Carter's next album along with the forthcoming records of other top-selling artists including Rihanna and Shakira, the Wall Street Journal reported.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Universal's Def Jam Buys Rest of Rapper Jay-Z's Label for $10 Million
- Live Nation Close to Deal With Jay Z
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 50. BEYONCÉ KNOWLES & SHAWN “JAY Z” CARTER
- Beyonce Knowles-Carter & Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter
- Jay Z Signs $200 Million Touring Pact With Live Nation
- Drake’s Whiskey Nears Launch, Raises Funds
- 49. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter & Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter
- Live Nation, Jay Z Deal Official