Apple Inc.’s decision to create a smartphone that boasts a thinner, lighter touch screen contributed to the component shortfall that caused demand to outstrip supply of the iPhone 5 on its debut weekend, Bloomberg News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple Sells Record Number of New iPhones
- New iPhones Mark Shift From Pioneer to Emulator
- Jennifer Lopez Gets Stake in NuvoTV
- Facebook Outperforming Google in Browsing Ad Revenue
- Apple Set to Announce Two iPhones
- Chocolate Eaters Drive Record Cocoa-Output Deficit
- Rivals Jostle Before New iPhone Announcement
- Should You Buy the iPhone 5? It Depends