Obese people who have weight-loss surgery gain at least six years of health benefits that include fewer diabetes cases and lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Even so, their medical costs didn’t drop, Bloomberg News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Thinner: For Life
- Some Docs Find Lap-Band Ads Tough to Stomach
- Initial Jobless Claims Fell Sharply
- Armstrong Dropped by Nike, Steps Down as Livestrong Chairman
- SAT Reading, Writing Test Scores Drop to Lowest Levels
- Sony Downgraded by Moody’s on Falling Demand for TV, Cameras
- Income Gap Between Rich, Poor Hits New High
- Green Dot Shares Drop as AmEx and Wal-Mart Sell Competing Card