Gores Group on Monday said that through an affiliate it has acquired Astadia Inc., a cloud computing consulting and systems integrator.
The Westwood private equity firm led by billionaire Alec Gores said that Astadia, based in Frisco, Texas, will be merged with a Jacksonville, Fla., company that Gores acquired in July called Idea, which develops custom mobile and web applications that help companies transition from mainframes.
Gores Group will be the controlling shareholder of the combined companies. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“The merger of Astadia and Idea forms the next generation of services firm,” said Victor Otley, Gores Group managing director, in a statement. “The new entity will provide customers with the optimal expertise and scale required to address the most diverse, complex enterprise IT environments.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Platinum Equity, Gores Group Sell IT Company
- Gores Affiliate Acquires Cable Systems
- Gores Group Makes IT Acquisitions
- Private Equity Firms Platinum, Gores Group, Sell Data Blue to Court Square Capital Partners
- Gores Group to Buy U.S. Operations of Hypercom Corp.
- Private Equity Firm’s Prints All Over Touch Screen
- Envelope Maker Headed For Dead Letter Office?
- Gores Makes Acquisition in Texas