After years of often-fractious relations, Sumner Redstone said his daughter, Shari Redstone, could end up succeeding him as the overseer of his controlling interests in Viacom Inc. and CBS Corp. Conventional wisdom held that Viacom Chief Executive Philippe Dauman was assured the role, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Viacom: Redstone Replaced Despite Daughter’s Disapproval
- Redstone Switch Puts Family First
- Redstone Lieutenants Bumped from Trust
- Shari Redstone Says Viacom Needs New Management
- Dauman’s Viacom Appointment Sparks Uncertainty
- Ousted Redstone Trustees Fight Back
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 7. SUMNER REDSTONE
- Shari Redstone Speaks Out on Stock Sale