Amgen Inc. said that Robert A. Eckert, former chief executive at Mattel Inc., has been appointed to its board.
Eckert, 58, will serve on the Thousand Oaks biotech’s audit and corporate responsibility and compliance committees. He was Mattel’s chief executive from 2000 through 2011, and before that was chief executive at Kraft Foods Inc. He continues to serve on Mattel’s board as non-executive chairman, and is a board member at McDonald's Corp. and Levi Strauss & Co.
Former CEO Kevin Sharer retires from the board at the end of the year and Chief Executive Robert Bradway becomes board chairman as of Jan. 1. Vance Coffman, a director since 2007, has been appointed lead independent director.
Amgen shares were up 31 cents, or less than 1 percent, to $89.46 in Friday trading on the Nasdaq.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Board Members of L.A.'s Top Companies Get Around
- Mattel CEO Robert Eckert to Retire
- The Business Digest
- Robert A. Bradway
- As High Salaries Draw Scrutiny, CEO Compensation Perks Up
- Mattel Cut CEO's Pay in 2005
- CORPORATE FOCUS---New Management Helping Mattel Play a Better Game
- Interim Chief to Stay On at Mattel