The Miss California USA organization plans to move both that pageant and the Miss California Teen USA program from Palm Springs to Pasadena, starting next year.
Miss California USA, a stepping stone to the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, is part of a pageant system acquired by billionaire entrepreneur Donald Trump in 1996. The California pageant, which is directed by K2 Productions Inc. of Los Angeles, attracted more than 400 contestants last year.
Pasadena Mayor Bill Bogaard will be among the speakers at a Thursday afternoon press conference to announce the move.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wednesday’s L.A. News Roundup
- News of the Week
- Council Has Taken Its Time Enforcing Newsrack Cleanup
- Real Estate Column---MaguirePartners Breaking Ground on Office Projects
- Randy Gordon: By the Horns
- Meetings and Events 2017: Pacific Palms Resort: Going Beyond Expectations
- Paige Adams-Geller: A Better Fit