The Ticketmaster unit of Beverly Hills’ Live Nation Entertainment Inc. on Monday said that it has signed a deal with the National Basketball Association to develop a software program for the sale – including resale by individuals – of NBA game tickets.
Ticketmaster Chief Executive Nathan Hubbard said the service will be the first of its kind in the sports industry because it will include a feature in which Ticketmaster will validate every ticket purchased, including resales.
Ticketmaster was named as the league's official ticketing provider as part of the deal, financial terms of which were not disclosed.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Monday’s L.A. News Roundup
- NBA Deal Gets Ticket Company Into Resale Game
- Maverick Carter Named to Live Nation Board of Directors
- NFL Extends Ticket Resale Agreement with Ticketmaster
- Ticketmaster, NBA Reach Deal
- Live Nation’s Ticketmaster Sued for Alleged Partnership with Ticket Scalpers
- Ticketmaster Buys Resale Web Site
- Ticketmaster to Offer 'Dynamic' Pricing