The Carlyle Group announced Wednesday that it had reached a deal to acquire Getty Images, the well-known distributor of photography, video and multimedia products, from Hellman & Friedman for $3.3 billion. The New York Times reports that Carlyle will take a controlling stake in Getty Images, while the company’s co-founder and the chairman and the Getty family will roll substantially all their ownership interests into the acquisition.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hertz to Buy Dollar Thrifty
- Problems for Lenders Trying to Collect Credit Card Debt
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals Announced This Week
- Merck to Acquire Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- BofA Agrees to $17 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Update: VNU Agrees to $8.94 Billion Buyout Offer
- Multinationals Stake Venture Capital Claim
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement