Tesoro Corp. on Monday agreed to buy BP PLC’s oil refinery in Carson and 800 gasoline stations in the Southwest for $1.18 billion.
Bloomberg News reports that the deal enables the San Antonio company to expand on the the West Coast just as a fire at a San Francisco Bay Area-area plant has cut fuel supplies and boosted prices.
The Carson plant, which will be Tesoro’s third plant in California, is next to the company’s Wilmington refinery. The company expectsfit can save $250 million a year by combining the plants’ operations.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesoro Completes Purchase of Carson Facility
- Sale of Carson Refinery Approved
- News of the Week
- State’s Biggest Refinery in Pipeline
- Environmental Group Sues Air Agency Over Approval of Tesoro Refinery Merger
- Edison, BP Planning Power Plant
- Shell Sells Wilmington Refinery
- Texas Refinery Owner on Regional Map