The National Football League has signed a five-year contract extension with Live Nation Entertainment Inc.’s Ticketmaster division for NFL Ticket Exchange, Live Nation said Friday.
The Beverly Hills events promoter said that NFL Ticket Exchange, which is the only official NFL ticket resale marketplace, is a secure resale marketplace that enables fans to buy and sell NFL tickets for all 32 teams.
The service has quadrupled in size since its launch in 2008, the company said.
"Together with the NFL, we've built a tremendous asset in the NFL Ticket Exchange as the safe, secure and convenient destination for NFL fans to buy resale tickets," said Ticketmaster Chief Executive Nathan Hubbard in a statement. "We collaboratively worked together to enhance the terms of the extension resulting in improvements for fans, the league, the teams and Ticketmaster.”
The markets were closed Friday. Shares on Thursday closed up 8 cents, or less than 1 percent, to $9.09.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- NBA Deal Gets Ticket Company Into Resale Game
- Ticketmaster, NFL to Form Resale Site
- Ticketmaster Signs Major Deal with NBA
- Converging Forces Punch Ticketmaster
- Ticketmaster Looks to D.C. To Restrict Rival’s Resales
- Monday’s L.A. News Roundup
- Live Nation, Universal Music Group Form Partnership