Dole Food Company Inc. late Tuesday said that it acquired SunnyRidge Farm Inc., a Florida berry producer.
The suburban Tampa farm is considered one of the nation’s top producers of blueberries and also grows strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Dole is the world’s largest producer and marketer of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables.
SunnyRidge is “an excellent strategic complement to our existing fresh and frozen berry operations, both of which have previously focused on strawberries,” said Dole Chief Executive David DeLorenzo in a statement. “Blueberries and blackberries are some of the fastest growing items in the produce category.”
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Prior to the announcement, shares of Dole closed down 11 cents, or 1 percent, to $9.69 on the New York Stock Exchange.
You May Also Like
- Dole to Close Another California Berry Operation
- Dole Food Dropping Strawberries Before Going Public; Considering Private Sale
- Strawberry Grower Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Dole Cancels Share Repurchase
- Dole Food Will Trim Staff As Firm Prepares for IPO
- News of the Week
- David Murdock
- FTC Won’t Block Sale of Dole Operations