May Department Stores Co. named John Dunham as its chairman and chief executive in advance of the retailer's $11 billion acquisition by rival Federated Department Stores Inc.
May's executive compensation and development committee also increased Dunham's annual base salary by $100,000 to $1.15 million, retroactive to when he assumed duties of acting chairman and CEO after the Jan. 14 resignation of Gene Kahn.
The St. Louis-based operator of Lord & Taylor, Famous-Barr, The Jones Store, Filene's and other regional department stores revealed Dunham's new titles in a filing this week with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Federated Completes May Acquisition
- Federated to Close Nine Department Stores in L.A. County
- Federated to Buy May in $11 Billion Deal
- May-Federated Merger Talks End
- Impact of May-Federated Merger Looms
- Clothing Companies Pleading Their Case for Space at Macy's
- Westfield Buys Three L.A. Stores From Federated
- Mall Owners Won't Lament Federated-May Deal